Making my own boxerbriefs has been on my project backlog for a while. I’ve sewn woven boxer shorts a few times, some very recently, but woven boxers are not my favorites. For me, knit boxerbriefs are definitely more comfortable to wear and they don’t bunch up in close-fitting pants like jeans. Continue reading
Time marches on, and I’m (finally) pleased to report the completion of the Red and Black hoodie.
Before we get going on the next hoodie in the series, a few more photos of the muslin.
All said and done, the most visible issue in the final product is the stripes not registering properly on the seam between yoke and front panel.
If you’ve been following this blog carefully (and who wouldn’t?) you may have noticed that I made a T-shirt, but didn’t use my new coverstitch machine to sew up the hems. I did the hems using a zig-zag stitch on my conventional machine.
That’s because the coverstitch machine it’s now on its way back to Amazon.
My first clue that something might be wrong with the machine happened as soon as the package arrived. It was shipped by Amazon in the original manufacturer’s box, and was not placed inside another box with padding, as my previous machine purchases have been.
Two sides of the box were ripped during shipment, the side closest to the presser foot/needle taking the most damage. The rip didn’t make it past the inside styrofoam, but this is highly unusual for Amazon shipping.
Well, thanks to weekend clouds, I’m still waiting to take my telescope caddy out into the field and try it out. But that doesn’t stop me from starting new projects.
I have learned that April is National Serger Month, so I want to try some projects with my serger. I’m going to be working on three projects all at once.
I have some light green argyle print knit fabric that has been gnawing at me, wanting to be made into a Spring T-shirt. Plus I have some other cuts of jersey knits that have been sitting in my fabric stash.