Finally, my hoodie project comes to a close!
What I thought would be a few-week project instead turned into a multi-month project. I took a few breaks in the middle, but still it turned out to be a bigger project than I thought.
I made two hoodies simultaneously to close the project. Continue reading
It’s time to start a new hoodie!
This design was inspired by the fabrics lying around in my stash. I have some black sweatshirt fleece and also this rust-red knit ribbing, both from JoAnn’s:
I didn’t want to keep my readers waiting, so here’s a few quick pics I snapped of the finished hoodie with my phone. It came out looking much nicer than all of the mistakes would lead you to believe. I haven’t yet worn it out of the house, but my coworkers want me to wear it to work next week.
It took me a while, but I finished the muslin for my hoodie project this past weekend. Between a busy work schedule and weekend events, it’s been difficult to squeeze in sewing time lately!
I can say I can definitely call this hoodie a muslin, because it was difficult to make and it is filled with mistakes. Most of them I was able to fix, but the end result is something I can charitably call a “learning experience”.
Most of the angst in this pattern comes from the pockets. Nearly every other sweatshirt pattern in existence has simple patch pockets flush with the waistband and front zipper. But this pattern actually incorporates on-seam pocket bags inside the jacket, shown in this inside view:
Today I spent some time in the Line of Selvage Design Studio (my basement) settling on a design for my hoodie.
The Real Project
I plan to make a muslin to test pattern sizing, since it is reported to run so large. Since I have both black and grey sweatshirt fleece, I want to have some color blocking fun with it.
But while rifling through my fabric stash for some fabric to use for pocketing, I came across this discovery: